Monday, January 10, 2011

Frosted Designs Sketch Challenge & Update

UPDATE: I had originally intended to submit this for the past Sketch Challenge, but I accidentally missed the deadline. Turns out, it works for this weeks Fabulous Friday Challenge, so I'm going to submit it there instead! I used acrylic paint dabbers on all the snowflakes, and they turned out really cool.

Here is my entry for Frosted Designs current Sketch Challenge... Turns out I missed the challenge by about 5 hours! Oops!! I used an old holiday picture with some more Making Memories paper...


The snowflakes started out as plain white cardboard shapes that I painted with metallic acrylic paint dabbers and dusted with Distress ink after they were dry. I really love how they turned out. Everything else on the page is Making Memories, besides the red chipboard snowflake (Cosmo Cricket) and the random buttons.

Here are a couple more layouts that I made this past weekend. I just got a BigShot by Sizzix, and I'm having lots of fun with it...

This LO has a picture of my grandparents. They look so happy and so youthful in this picture. Papers are from Imaginisce's new line Garden Party, and the flowers were made using my brand new BigShot.



















This next one is a picture of my Mom and Grandma... The title reads "Like Mother, Like Daughter." This LO uses Imaginisce papers again...



















That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when things work out for you!?! I love the painted snow flakes... gorgeous! In fact, all of your LOs are beautiful! Thanks for joining in on our challenges at Frosted Designs!
    bArb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two for the price of one!! I love your painted snowflakes ~ that is a great technique when the colors don't really match!! Love the flowers in your Forever Young LO!

    Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete