Monday, May 2, 2011

Frosted Designs 5/2


Life has finally started to cool down a bit. I've got finals in a few weeks, I'm in the middle of performances for my show, and auditions are coming up shortly. I'm still trying to finalize summer plans, but I'm enjoying the little free time that I have... When I pulled out my scrapbooking supplies to work on the latest Frosted Designs sketch, I had a little bit of a struggle in getting back into the groove. You know those days where your creativity is not as cohesive and focused as you'd like it to be? Well, I was having one of those days. I know many scrappers live by the mantra - "There is no such thing as a mistake in art" - and will therefore keep their creations regardless of their satisfaction with them. That being said, there are a few things I would change about my layout if I were to do it over, but I am happy with the end result....

Here is the wonderful sketch:



And here is my take on it:
The pup-pup in the picture is my little Ian. I miss him when I'm away at school, and I love to make layouts that remind me of the people/animals that I miss.... He's always bouncing around, and it's so hard to get decent pictures of him, so I'm especially happy with this set. It was just one of those days where he was basking in the sun, and let me take a few pictures of him sitting still. :-)

Go join in on the challenge at Frosted Designs, and win yourself a SWEET Echo Park prize from Part Time Sally. Seriously, that is such a cool prize, I'm a little jealous. :-P Go! Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment